The Boys

The Boys

Monday, August 18, 2008

Just a Bunch of Beach Bums!


My family loves the beach! We could spend all day there, and even all night because the crabs come out on the beach at night! The boys would have a good time chasing them with flashlights, I think! What was really great about this extended beach trip was that the boys had 4 other cousins to play with. They had no problem staying entertained!
The three older boys loved going in the ocean with us and really loved boogie boarding. Nate liked to run towards the water when the wave was going out and then run away from the water when the wave was coming in.

His cousin Saylor joined in and I think at that point in time they were the 2 cutest kids on the beach. Jared worked on his muscle tone by digging big holes all over and also liked collecting shells.


Tyler was just everywhere doing everything! I believe he was the leader of the jellyfish finding expedition! Derrick discovered that with the appropriate amount of shade and his stroller angled back a little that the beach was a perfect spot to take a nap! So we don't have many pictures of him at the beach because it seemed listening to the sound of the waves was the perfect sleeping pill for him!
Some of the highlights of our time on the beach were burying Uncle Taylor, making a boat out of sand with Grandpa, re-creating ancient ruins with Uncle Taylor and Aunt Laura, finding tons of clear (and safe) jellyfish on the beach and collecting them in a bucket, and for me it was chicken-fighting with my brothers and sisters-in-law! I think that Fred's favorite memory would be sharing the wonderful experiences he remembers doing when he was a kid with his own family!


It was awesome to be able to walk to the beach and then come back to the house and rinse off in the pool. I think if we stayed in Nags Head any longer the boys would have developed gills!
There are so many awesome pictures and memories related to our time spent on the beach, and so I made a slideshow. Click on the small picture below and it will pull up the slideshow. Hope you enjoy it! I know we enjoy sharing it with all of you!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

The chicken fight shot turned out great especially after how much effort was put in to capture it! :)
Awesome job with the post you out did me! Ky has asked to watch the montage 3x. We miss you guys. Things have sure been quiet this past week

JAMIE said...

Is this in Florida?

It looks like so much fun!