Fred and I took the boys down to Tuscon for an overnight. There is a hotel down there that has a water slide and the boys probably went down it about a hundred times each! Fred even took Derrick down the slide and he thought it was awesome!
At one point there were about 8 teenagers in line for the slide with the boys. Fred and I were down below waiting for the boys to come down the slide so we could take their picture. We had to wait for all of the teenagers to come down first. A funny thing happened though, after each teenager came down the slide they stood by the side to wait. We thought that they were waiting for all of their friends to come down before they went back up, but that was not the case. When it was Nate's turn Fred and I heard one of them say, "Here comes Nater!" I looked at Fred and said, "Did they just say 'Here comes Nater'?" He confirmed it and we both gave each other a very puzzled look. When Nate reached the bottom all the teenagers started to cheer! It was so cute! One of them came up to Fred and I and asked if he was our son. Then she said, "Is his name really Nater?" We told her that it was Nathan and that Nater is one of his nicknames but he tells everyone that it is his name. She then told us that he was the cutest little boy she had ever seen!
What is truly amazing about this story is that those teenagers only met him in the line for the slide! He made a huge impression on them in a VERY short amount of time! But that seems to happen a lot to Nate.

The hotel also had more than one pool and hot tub and the boys had a lot of fun "pool hopping," but our favorite was the one with the volleyball net. We had a beach ball and I would stand on one side of the net while Fred was on the other side with the boys. I would hit the ball over the net and he would throw the boys up into the air so that they could hit it back to me while air borne! We were all laughing sooo hard! It was a very nice overnight getaway!
1 comment:
Who wouldn't love "THE NATER"! Fun shots!
Post a Comment