After staying the weekend with Laura and Taylor, Fred headed back down to Utah to work for 4 days while I drove 3 hours north with the boys to visit my mom. We had so much fun! We went bowling, painted pottery, watched movies, had a barbeque and went to my favorite restaurant, Wingers! The boys had so much fun playing "Nana monster." My mom pretends to be a monster and chases them around the house! It was a good way to wear them out before bed!
At the front of my mom's neighborhood is a pond with ducks and geese. Both had babies and the boys loved seeing the little baby geese and ducks follow their mothers everywhere.
Tyler was the only one who was interested in finishing the bowling game after the first few balls. The other boys were more interested in the arcade part of the bowling alley! But it was fun anyway! Tyler beat me... I think I should have programmed the bumpers to stay up the whole time!!!!!! Nate had trouble rolling the ball all the way up the lane and so I had to risk slipping and getting a concussion a few times to push his ball the rest of the way! Derrick was even able to roll a few balls by squatting down and pushing from behind the ball (with Nana's help)
We were also able to spend time with my grandma, whom they call Grandma Doris. Nate saw her and said, "Hey, you are the one who helped my nana make my firetruck blanket!"
For once I didn't have Derrick following me around all day yelling, "MA!" He knew that Nana was a softie and would give him whatever he wanted so he followed HER around all day and yelled, "NA!" I enjoyed the reprieve!!!!!
Fred flew up on Thursday with the rep that he was training so that they could do some work in Idaho. The representative in Utah covers Utah and Idaho. And then we drove back to Utah to stay one night before continuing on back to Arizona. I am so glad that we were able to go and spend a short few days with Nana and Grandma Doris. I just wish there had been more time to see more family and friends!
1 comment:
I wish there was more time too! We could have met you at the park or something
Post a Comment