The Boys

The Boys

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lots to Be Thankful For!


This Thanksgiving our family has a lot to be grateful for. My mom was able to fly down and stay a week. We had so much fun! It was nice to have her cleaning up while I was doing the other millions of things that moms do. She is coming back for Christmas and I am very excited to have my maid back! Ha...just kidding...kind of!
We are members of the Phoenix Zoo and every year the zoo is decorated with Christmas lights. So we picked my mom up from the airport and headed over to enjoy the lights. One of the really fun exhibits is called Stingray Bay. We got to "pet" stingrays and even a couple of small sharks. The stingrays were really slimy and the sharks felt like a wet lizard! I only touched each once just so I could say that I touched them. Nate wanted nothing to do with touching the stingrays... he walked into the exhibit, looked around and said, "Scary! Let's go home!" He had fun walking around the rest of the zoo though. There was one spot where the lights were set to music and Nate danced for everyone. The boys conned Nana into buying loud, obnoxious sounding swords that light up. That got old in about 5 minutes! Another cool thing is the talking giraffe. For some reason Jared thought it would spit on him and it took us about 15 minutes to convince him otherwise. I don't know where he got the idea that giraffes spit!
On Thanksgiving Day, Tyler and Jared went with Fred and played football in the morning while my mom and I cooked. I am glad my mom was there to help me because most of the food I started I ended up asking her, "Does that look right to you?" and she would take over! Our Thanksgiving dinner was very yummy thanks to her!
I am so grateful for the many blessing that our family receives each day. It was nice to dedicate a day to remembering them all and to be with family!

No comments: