The Boys

The Boys

Monday, December 15, 2008

The Big 5!


Jared was extra lucky for his birthday this year! He got to celebrate it two weekends in a row! December 6th was a Saturday this year and so we took him Four Wheeling all day for his birthday. We had two families come with us from our church who we are good friends with, the Harrolds and the Jones. We are very glad they came because Josh Harrold entertained us with his dancing (I included a picture of him "gettin' down") and Glen Jones was our mechanic! But seriously, we are so glad they came! We had a blast and all the kids played so well together. I even got to go on a "girls only" ride with Heather and Sarah! We realized that it actually is fun to go on rides with our husbands though, and this is the reason: they like to lead and so if there is a huge drop off on the other side of a dune then we will see them fall to their deaths first and we will know to avoid that hill! None of us girls were completely comfortable braving the dunes without full knowledge of what lay on the other side!
The kids had a blast because there were two kids quads that they could take turns riding! Tyler felt so grown up because he gave all the younger kids a ride while I bit my nails and yelled constantly for him to SLOW DOWN! That night we had cupcakes and sang Happy Birthday for him as the sun was setting outside. It was awesome!
When we got home I told Jared that I couldn't find any tape and then asked if he wanted to wait until tomorrow to get his gifts. He said, "No thanks mom. Just hand them to me! I don't need them wrapped. He has been using his gifts everyday since then. He got an easel, a toolbox full of art supplies and some Batman toys.




He had an amazing day! Then on the 13th he had friends come over for an army themed birthday party. I tried to play games with them, but all they were interested in was playing outside, opening presents, and beating up the pinata! It was a blast!

2 comments:

Jeanne' said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time!

The Mom. said...

It truly was fun wasn't it! Thanks for a great weekend JARED!