The Boys

The Boys

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Let It Snow, Let it Snow!!!!


Since we told the boys that we were going to drive up to Utah with Fred when he does his guest lecture all we heard about was wanting to be where it was cold. Jared said he is so tired of being hot and wants to go somewhere that is in the 20's and 30's. So his wish was granted! We drove all day Tuesday and arrived at our friends house, the Riches, at 1 in the morning. We all climbed into our appointed beds bleary eyed and in the morning awoke to a great suprise! It had snowed at least 3 inches during the night and was still snowing! The boys were so excited that we barely got breakfast in their tummy's before they were out back playing in it.






Fred went out and built a HUGE snowman with them; after the snowball war with him against all of the kids. It took all the manpower in the house to stack the large snowballs and make a snowman, but it was well worth the extra effort.
The snow provided the perfect play activity for all of the boys to do together. Tyler, Jared and Nate had a blast getting reaquainted with their old friends, Joshua and Taylor. And we got to meet the Riches newest addition, Jackson. So it was really funny for us to have 7 children under the same roof and all of them be boys!

One of the funniest memories I have of that day is this: Jared and Tyler had been complaining for weeks about it being warm in Arizona and that they wanted to go someplace cold. Well, they made the mistake of touching the snow without gloves on and all we heard in the car on the way to meet their Grandpa at Wal-Mart was this..."I hate the cold. I want to go back to Arizona. The cold hurts and it makes my nose run! When can we go back to Arizona!!!!!" Fred and I were the perfect sympathetic parents and laughed!
We are very grateful for the snow arriving when we did. It helped us to make some amazing memories for our trip.

2 comments:

Jeanne' said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Your background looks cute!

Cheryl said...

Well, I was starting to come to terms with having missed out on this get together until I looked at all your posts...no fair!!! Look at all these memories we weren't a part of. Ky, talks about going to the beach for a reunion again so she can be with her cousins all the time. I sure hope we pull it off again sooner than later. I'm glad you all had a great time (kinda).