
Here are some things that I have learned on the daily adventure of being a mom:
1. A towel rod does not support the weight of a 49 pound 4 year-old pretending to be a monkey.
2. Leaves from a fake indoor tree makes a great looking nest for toy animals, and a sad looking tree.
3. The greatest way to get a 2 year-old to be potty trained is to tell him he can pee on the rocks outside.

4. Even though fully clothed while in the sand box...it still gets everywhere!!!
5. Trying to flush a whole roll of toilet paper down the toilet will flood the bathroom and the hallway!
6. A 22 month old will remember the scary car wash experience with Nana when Mom tries to go to the car wash 8 months later.
7. A sink filled with baby powder and water has two results:
- It takes forever to clean up
- The basement stays smelling fresh for at least two weeks!

8. A 3 year-old and a 5 year-old can make a fire in the corner of a sand box with VERY tiny sticks in a VERY short amount of time!
9. If a 2 year-old screams loud enough, it will scare off the rooster coming toward him ready to attack!
10. If the first ride on the rollercoaster with your older brother was unpleasant; it doesn't really get better if mom joins in the second time, even though she said it would be.
11. Kids (and babies...Uncle Taylor) love ice cream no matter how young they are, and they always come back for more!
12. A child who is SO FULL THEY CAN'T EAT ANOTHER BITE OF DINNER, suddenly finds room in their tummy when the dessert comes out.
13. When you clarify that they are not to kick, hit, yank or drag the tiny dog they are watching for a friend, then the only option left is to "cool it off" with water balloons!
14. The transformer action figures saying suitable for age 4 plus are putting a lot of emphasis on the PLUS!
15. When I yell downstairs and ask what the loud banging is in the basement and am met with complete silence...I am probably better off not knowing!
5 comments:
Oh my! Been there, done that! What did I learn from all our "episodes"? Take pictures first, laugh secretly if they are supposed to be in trouble for said episode, and then go Mamma-mad!
I love this post! It's so fun.
BTW, I tagged you from my blog! You can go there for the rules!
14, don't ya hate the toys that they figure you as the mom should fix for them? LOL I just tell them I wasn't born with the Tranformer gene. :)
Dori, I love your family!!! You totally make me laugh with the super funny things your boys do! Keep it up, your doing great. :)
that is the cutest picture of all 4 boys!! it is always a nightmare when i try to get pictures with all my boys. very cute!!
Post a Comment