As the title says, the only way to survive the AZ summer heat is to get wet... as much as possible! We have some wonderful friends who have let us use their pools. It has been a great way to keep cool and also practice the skills the boys are learning in their swim classes.
This is Derrick and Nate's first year doing swim class. Nate is loving it and moved up a level after one session, but we always knew he was part fish! Derrick took some convincing! One morning he was helping me say our morning prayer and I asked him to please bless that we are safe at swim class. He said this, "Please bless swim... I no go swimming!" But now there are a few pool games we learned that he tolerates. It is nice to not have him cry the whole class anymore!
We have also gone to the lake a couple of times with our jet ski. Fred has been working long hours since his promotion and so we haven't gone out as much as we would have liked, but some is better than none! The boys got pretty creative jumping and doing somersaults onto the tube while on the shore! Surprisingly, there were no injuries! Even though the heat here is pretty brutal during the summer it is great swimming weather! No shivering uncontrollably when out of the water, and you dry off really fast!


2 comments:
Wow I can finally read your blog... it's been months!
I love and miss those crazy boys! Peyton is becoming a fish herself with a pool at her grandparents house. I am sure Derrick will catch on to the fun watching his brothers do all their tricks soon enough.
Post a Comment