The Boys

The Boys

Friday, July 30, 2010

As If 4 Boys Wasn't Enough...





For Nate's birthday in January we decided to get a puppy.  We went and picked out a female yellow lab who was adorable.  I will be honest and say that I was eyeing the largest male puppy the whole time. So when it came time to go and pick her up we discovered that her brother was the last one left with no owner yet.  So I gave Fred the look and he caved! Ha ha! So we headed home with 2 beautiful puppies named Maximus and Nova.  We were told that Max was going to be huge so we named him after the gladiator!

He and Nova are 8 months old and he is 75 pounds! Nova is a a very sweet and mellow girl.  She is much smaller than her brother and will be a great breeding candidate.  She really likes Fred and greets him enthusiastically when he gets home from work.  I am hoping that Duke will lose a little weight trying to keep up with the pups.  He is getting a little portly!

They are a fun little crew! I really like it when I throw a rope down on the floor or a stick outside and watch the 3 of them tug on it at the same time! Makes exercising them a lot easier! And here's a tip... I read a great training book called The Loved Dog.  It has been very helpful!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yeah, your title is exactly right. I don't know how you do it. I have a hard enough time with 1 dog and 1 child. You are miracle woman, but I will say you have good looking boys and the dogs are really cute too.

Kelly Evanson said...

oh wow!! my boys would definitely be jealous!! they would love to have a dog and everyone around them seems to be getting one . . . their cousin caden and now our best friends here in georgia!! how do you keep up??