This year we had 3 boys playing soccer. Nate was a little hesitant at first, but by the end of the season he was chasing after the ball with the rest of the kids! At the first game, Nate came off the field crying after only a couple of minutes. Here is the conversation that happened on the sidelines:
Nate: "They are pushing me out there!"
Me: "Yeah, that's kinda one of the main parts of soccer."
Nate: "Well, I don't like it!"
Me: " Push them back... but nicely. Don't get carded! Heh heh!"
So after some sweet talking from yours truly, he got back out there. And what did he do? He forgot about the kids with the ball... he just started randomly shoving kids and pulling off their beanie hats! I had to pull him off to the side and explain to him the difference between going for the ball and being a soccer bully!!!!! I won't lie, Fred was a little proud of his son who wouldn't take any guff from the other team! LOL!
Tyler and Jared were on the same team this year. Fred assistant coached as much as his travel schedule would allow. Tyler is starting to get really competitive. One time his coach asked him to sit and when he came over to the side he said, "I hate sitting! I want to play the whole game!" Tyler is a great offensive player and Jared is a great weapon for defense! It is hard to run over such a solid kid! I am so glad that my boys embrace and enjoy these activities. They learn so much and make great memories!

5 comments:
HAHA! LOVE THAT YOU TOLD YOU KID TO GO PUSH OTHER KIDS!!
Ammon & Jen are both playing this year. I'm coaching Ammon's team...any good pointers to send my way? Jer coaches Jennie & we have quite the little player on our hands and she loves it! I'm so glad my kids have these opportunities.
I love all the updates! Keep them coming but I guess I shouldn't talk as I have a ton to do as well. We sure wish we could have been there for Tyler's baptism. Glad to see you are keeping cool. It has been forever since we've seen ya...know you are always welcome here in VA beach. We've already taken for quick trips up to the beach. I can't believe how old the boys are looking. Love ya
Best sport ever! ;) And that was great advice!
I love the Nate stories! So fun to be a part of sporting events. I don't wish time to go by fast, but am excited for the activity/sporting days to come as a mom.
Hi Dori! This is your cousin Lisa! IT's so fun to get an update on your family. I'm so glad to hear things turned out well with you surgery. Please put me on your email list if u r going private! I will send you a link to our blog too!
Post a Comment