The Boys

The Boys

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Halloween Fun!

 Let me just start by saying that I don't think I am a big fan of holidays in which the sole reason for celebrating them is to get candy! All I hear now is, "Can I have a piece of candy?" But as you will see in these photos... they are cute enough that it makes enduring that constant question almost bareable.
  We had a great Halloween this year. We went to 2 trunk or treats on Saturday and then hit a few houses in our neighborhood on Sunday.  The first trunk or treat we went to was at our friends, Chris and Michelle Stratton, church. Jared and I got to satisfy our love of babies by holding Baby Sebastian and Michelle looked fantastic! Derrick was a little hesitant at first but quickly caught onto the idea that if he said just 3 words (Trick or Treat) he would get handfuls of candy dropped into his bucket! It might have been (in his mind) two of the greatest days of his life! LOL!
  And of course my other boys knew exactly what to do! The only challenge was trying to keep them within 100 feet of Fred and I.  Derrick walks a little slower and his older brothers decided to leave him, and their parents eating their dust!
  So here is the costume run down:
Fred: A Cowboy
Me: A pirate wench on Saturday and a cow girl on Sunday
Tyler: A Ninja
Jared: A Ninja Fighter
Nathan: A Pirate on Sunday and A G.I. Joe on Saturday
Derrick: The Cutest Tiger on the Planet!!!!
  Let me close this post with this one final thought on the Halloween holiday: How come my children can never find their shoes, homework, glasses, ect. but know exactly what and how much candy they have in their bucket? And if their mother sneaks some of their candy (as if that ever happens) they know exactly what piece of candy was eaten without their permission! Hope all of you had as fun of a Halloween as we did!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

We still have candy left at this house too. The girls willingly hand over the pieces they don't like to us parents but unfortunately those r the pieces I don't like either...sky on the other hand is very pleased.

Laura said...

Love the costumes - so cute! Peyton has already caught onto the candy craze. I hear on a daily basis since Halloween "starburst, starburst" as she points to the Halloween candy bowl. Apparently that's her favorite. It doesn't take them long to figure out the joy of sugar.