The Boys

The Boys

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Being REAL men!!!


One thing I love about having four boys is the alone time I get during father-sons campouts. Our church has a yearly fathers and sons campout and because we are friends with a lot of families that are LDS but live in different areas here in Arizona there have been many opportunities for the boys to go camp. I think that the men purposely do different dates for different wards so they can go more than once! Derrick still hangs out with me...he will probably start going next year. Tyler, Jared and Nathan look forward to these campouts and do a really great job helping Fred pack up the car and set up the campsite. (If you listen really closely you can hear Fred say sarcastically, "Yeah, they never leave me to set up the campsite all on my own!!!!") A lot of the pictures have our friends in them and not Fred because he is busy catching the moments with the camera. :-)
I think part of their enthusiasm for a "no girls campout" is that their mom isn't there to inject some reason during certain activities! (like the appropriate age to use a hatchet and how close they should get to the fire) I think their dad is a little less uptight about those things! Imagine that!!!!! The boys meet a lot of new friends and have a great time exploring the great outdoors with them! They even engaged in a challenging sword fight and a grueling hike to a cave! They are sooo tough!
As much as I joke about having alone time I am really grateful for a wonderful husband who is so very involved with his sons. I know the campouts are a lot of work but the memories the boys have made are priceless! Click below to watch a slideshow of the amazing times that they have had being REAL men with their dad! Enjoy!!!!

View this montage created at One True Media
Being REAL Men

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I LOVE that top picture! It's so cute! I just saw your post on my blog...can you believe it's been 10 years? It's gone by so fast! And like you, I will always remember your anniversary too! I'm so glad we've kept in touch through these years! What would we do without blogs???

Cheryl said...

I need a dose of these boys. I'm glad u got a little quiet time!!!

Kelly Evanson said...

how fun! our ward never did a father son camp out. i really need that!!

Laura said...

Have I told you what good looking boys you have! Tell them to stop growing up so much though. How great that they get to do the fun Daddy son camp outings so young. Next year when they are all gone we should plan a girls outing!