My daily comic relief usually shows up in the form of my 3 year old Nathan. He is so much fun to be around! He has a very unique sense of humor. Whenever I get after him he usually has a quick comeback... will NOT be funny when he is in his teens!!!! Most days he is either Batman or a Ninja. If I want to talk to him I have to address him as whichever one he feels like being at that time. Because he always makes me smile I have decided to do a short list of some (emphasis on SOME) of the reasons I love him so much!!!!!!
1. Whenever someone asks his name he says, "Nater." Then I get a look of complete confusion as to why ANYONE would name their son Nater.
2. He does not hesitate at all to tell me what he thinks and how he feels. I often hear the phrase, "I'm not going to talk to you EVER AGAIN!!!" Sometimes I feel like replying, "I don't think I am that lucky!!!"
3. Before a camping trip Fred took Nate to Wal-Mart to get a potty seat for the boys (and little girls who were joining us) to us in the woods. Their conversation went like this:
Nate: Dad, what is that for?
Fred: To use when you have to go poop in the woods."
Brief pause and then, Nate: Oh, then you can be a "Potty-pooper!"
4. The often uttered phase associated with an eyeroll, "Mom, Nate can't do that... but BATMAN CAN!!!!"
5. I have the pleasant memory of walking through the mall with him after his elbow dislocated and hearing him wail, "You broke my arm! You broke my arm!" Yeah... that wasn't embarrasing at all!
We are so grateful to have Nathan in our family. He is truly special! I am not as stern in my discipline with him most times because I am usually trying REALLY hard not to laugh! We love you Nate the Great!!!!!
2 comments:
That's a great Nate the Ninja/Batman/Midgely picture! Taylor and I agree that Nate has quite the charismatic personality. I was reading over my blog today thinking that I messed up on Tyler's age. Anyway tell him I fixed it.
LOL What a funny guy. Was it nursemaid's elbow? Been there - in the store with the kid yelling "Don't beat me!" Lovely, yes?
I just saw your post on Fred's pictures. Very nice and I must say your family is just so dang cute!
Post a Comment