Our big trip this year was a trip to Florida. That is where Fred and I spent our honeymoon, 1st anniversary and many vacations since we have been married. My in-laws inherited a condo right outside of West Palm Beach and we stay there. It is so nice because we don't have to pay a hotel every night, plus the condo association allowed the Ritz Carlton to come and buy their beach if the owners can use the Ritz facilities! Very nice... we get to go swim at the Ritz pool, drink the Ritz smoothies and play on the Ritz beach without paying the Ritz Carlton price! We just have to walk across the street!
August 16th, 2009 was Fred and my 10 year anniversary. Fred's parents and sister Heather came down to stay in Florida too so that Fred and I could have some alone time as well as family time! Thank you guys so much! Our 3 days and 2 nights alone were great! But we really enjoyed being together with everyone the most! Fred's sister Cheryl also came down from Virginia with her two girls. So we were all packed in nice and tight in the 2 bedroom condo but loved it! The boys had fun playing with their girl cousins, even though Kylee was puzzled as to why they didn't have barbies! (Jared was offended she even asked if they owned any!)

Some top Florida highlights:
1. Being able to play as a family together every day
2. The boys and Grandma going on a friends boat.
3. Snorkeling and seeing all the fish we would never have known were sharing the ocean with us! Tyler didn't want to stop!
4. Seeing how Tyler loves the beach, just like his father!
5. Having a girls day with Heather! We watched Twilight, did hair and nails and just enjoyed being girls!
6. Going away with Fred and enjoying time just the two of us.
7. Having a man on our flight from Atlanta to Ft. Lauderdale tell Nathan that if he pushes the button to put the seat back during take off it will help the plane go faster! So the rest of the flights there and home he kept asking, "Can I push it now?" and "Did you feel it speed up?!"

8.Finding a crab in the pool, catching it and letting it go on the beach.
9. Catching a crab, asking mom to bury it, then to dig it up and see her get pinched! (Not Mom's favorite memory!)
10. Cheesecake Factory, dancing and playing with fountains!
11. Having the boys get to know their cousins better

12. Freddie informing his mother that the crunching under her feet outside at night are not breaking sea shells, but her destroying snails and their homes! (She was pretty grossed out!)
13. Seeing Nate swim like a fish in the pools each day.
14. Teaching Derrick about the beach and convincing him it is fun!
15. Watching the boys play in the ocean with Grandpa and Dad. Also, learning to boogie board.
16. Getting Georgia Peach Ice Cream at Kilwin's (great! Now I am craving it!)
17. Tyler found a coconut that had washed up on shore one morning. All the grandkids had a great time watching Grandpa and Freddie cracking open the stubborn coconut.

There are so many more that I could write! But it would take forever so we hope you enjoy the pics and there is also a movie. If you want a closer look at any of the pictures or collages just click on them. I hope the movie works... it is the first one that I have made with Picasa! I chose the song for the movie because our family has learned that no matter what chaos life gives us, life really does go on and we should make the most of it! Thank you for everyone who made our trip possible... we will cherish it forever!
3 comments:
Congratulations on 10 years!
I love it! I have been waiting for this post so I could see all the fun times and try to feel like I was there for a moment. The sepia collage of Derrick and Lexi is precious, the diving in the pool collage is quite impressive on the kids part, and I love the video and your catchy phrases along the way. You captured some darling shots as you always do. Looks like Kylee was keeping up with the energetic trio you have and that Lexi and Derrick hung in there too. They are all such cute kids. I must say we have a good looking family. Happy belated anniversary by the way - 10 years is a big one and I am sure glad you got to celebrate.
Is it time to go back yet! I love being there and hiding from all the stresses of life. It was such a perfect trip and I'm glad we got to join for a few days. You sure grabed some awesome shots. MISS YA TONS!
Post a Comment