This Saturday we spent the day jet-skiing at Canyon Lake with some friends. It was really nice having the Mason's there because Fred and I got to go on a ride together instead of taking turns with the kids. Which usually means I stay on the shore while Fred takes all the kids because they have more fun with dad than they do with me. Speed might be a factor there! Whenever I have Nathan on with me he keeps yelling, "That not make me laugh!" I guess Daddy only has that answer! Fred and I took a ride to the back of the canyon and were amazed with the beauty that surrounded us. I never would have thought the desert would be beautiful but it truly is!
Our oldest three are really enjoying the jet-ski now and it has been a wonderful way to stay cool in the summer months. Jared was a little apprehensive with it last summer but has fully enbraced it this year. A family next to us had 3 teenage sons who were driving their 2 jet-skis and Fred and I looked at eachother and said, "That is going to be here before you know it!"
All the kids were having a blast making wood formations while waiting for their turn.
Derrick was happily sitting in his port-a-crib watching all the action. I think he is taking it all in and will be a terror when he starts walking! He will know how do to everything already by watching his older brothers! He still has his blue eyes and they have turned out to be his most distinctive feature. I am really happy because I wanted at least one of our children to carry on Fred's blue eyes!
I think if we asked the kids what their favorite part of the lake was it would be feeding the fish cheetos! They would throw them in the water and the fish would come right up and start nibbling on the cheetos from the bottom. The kids were laughing so hard watching the cheetos bob and shake and then suddenly disappear! My challenge was convincing them that I brought the bag of cheetos for them and not the fish!!!!
It is so nice to live 20 minutes away from 2 lakes! It has given us some really wonderful memories!
1 comment:
We had so much fun! Thanks for having us come with you! The kids also had a blast!
Post a Comment