The Boys

The Boys

Monday, September 22, 2008

Fathers and Sons Camp Out

Last weekend Fred and the three oldest boys went on a Father and Sons campout with the Mason's. Nathan Mason and his son Scott were nice enough to invite the boys to their campout hosted by their church. My boys kept reminding me throughout the week that I am not allowed to come with them! Nathan was excited that he would have another weekend where he was not only allowed to pee outside but it was expected! The boys had a great time playing with their friends and on the way home Fred took them hiking to a Natural Bridge. I will have to have them take me there in a couple of weeks it looks amazing!
The one downside to camping is that our children go to sleep hours after the sun goes down, get hyped up on smores, and then wake up as the sun is barely rising! According to Fred, this camping trip was no different... at 5:30 a.m. the boys were jostling him awake so that they could go play! Fred was a good sport and got up so that they could make the most of their special father son day with nature.
The campsite had no shortage of trees and so Tyler took it upon himself to see how high he could climb while his Dad was spotting him from below. I am glad that I wasn't there for that... I don't think I would have any nails left because I would have bitten them all off!!! One of the camp "dads" constructed a rope "contraption" for the kids and they had a great time testing their balance.
A doctor that Fred works with, Darren West, came to the campout as well. He brought his three year old son Max and his father-in-law. I was told Nathan and Max became fast friends. It looks like, from the pictures, that Darren had as much fun camping as the kids did! He looks like a lot of fun to be around!
I am so glad that they were able to go and make so many special memories with dad and their friends. But now they are going to make more with me because I am making them take Derrick and I to that same place soon! It looks like so much fun! Click on the screen below to get jealous just like I was! Ha ha!!

2 comments:

Kristal said...

Looks like Fred did really well - he didn't lose anyone, so he's already one up on Chris for the Father/Son Campouts!

Jeanne' said...

I am glad they all had a good time! I also had a good time hanging out with you! Pretty soon you won't have any at home when those campouts come! :)