There is no doubt that my boys are boys! They would much rather be camping and driving anything that goes fast than doing anything else. (Makes no worries for Mom right?!) We try to go camping as often as we can and once we arrive at our campsite the boys get busy! Building forts, tracking wildlife, and blazing trails on quads. Derrick is not quite ready to try the Suzuki 50 quad on his own but doesn't hesitate to hop behind Nate. Fred and I could get dizzy watching them ride circles around the campsite!
Tyler enjoys riding his quad, but recently has wanted to work on his carving and firebuilding techniques. I usually sit next to him and try not to make it visible that I am biting my nails out of fear that he will lose a finger! But his dad made sure to give him the safety talk and he does a really great job of paying attention to what he is doing.
Fred has really been enjoying being able to go for quad rides with Tyler and Jared. They are old enough now to go trailblazing with their dad, and I think that is one of the main reasons they enjoy camping so much. They can leave the "womanfolk" at camp and go be MEN!!! Arg arg arg! (I am so disappointed to have quiet reading time by a nice campfire... NOT)
We try to always have families come with us and go hike the Tonto Natural Bridge. It is an amazing hike and is different everytime we do it. The boys are becoming pros... almost TOO confident! I never thought moving to Arizona would allow us to do so many things outdoors ALL year! Pretty neat!
We try to always have families come with us and go hike the Tonto Natural Bridge. It is an amazing hike and is different everytime we do it. The boys are becoming pros... almost TOO confident! I never thought moving to Arizona would allow us to do so many things outdoors ALL year! Pretty neat!



1 comment:
Awesome pictures! Your collages are so cute! You do an awesome job. (by the way the pictures of my kids are just at home with a black sheet behind them)
Post a Comment