The Boys

The Boys

Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Fond Farewell


A week ago we unfortunatly had to say goodbye to one of our dogs. Bentley had been with us for almost 8 years. Our boys have never known life without him and so it will take some getting used to. He suffered from a heart double the size of a normal dog, a very bad hip and other issues that just made life too hard for him. Fred took him for one last run at the park and after that he took him to be put to sleep. I am grateful Fred was strong enough to handle that! I know that I would have been a complete basket case! Then Fred rented the movie The Bucket List to watch that night... not so sure that was the best movie for that particular day! Hee hee.
Despite our sadness, we have enjoyed remembering the fun times with our "big bear!" He LOVED popcorn and running at the park. Whenever he swam he looked like a gigantic black otter and also loved to try to hitch a ride on our other dog, Kobi's, back! It will be hard not to refer to the dog version of the "Dynamic Duo." Kobi and Bentley were always together and I know that Kobi misses his friend. We are grateful for the many ways that he blessed our lives and will miss him greatly! Thanks for all the laughs Bentley... there was never another dog like you!
Click on the picture below for a slideshow of some of the fun memories we have of our big black "bear!"
View this slideshow created at One True Media
The Good Times!

3 comments:

JAMIE said...

Maybe it's just pregnancy-almost-ready-to-deliver-hormones talking, but this brings tears to my eyes.

I'm so sorry you had to say an early good-bye to Bentley. I remember when you got him. He was a good boy! I hope Kobi adjusts well. Bentley and Sammy are running around in heaven, Sampson probably is biting at his heels and running away still! LOL :)

Cheryl said...

You guys sure gave Bentley an awesome life and he was well loved. I hope everyone is coping well. When Kylee ever gets the chance to reunite with Kobi I'm sure she will wonder where Bentley is. We have some great shots and video of her and Bentley. We won't forget him. Love you all tons!!!

Hokie Family said...

Is this Dori Bright?
This is Heather Dunkley Hochhalter.
I don't know where you live, but I'd love to see you at the reunion picnic this weekend.
Eaglehigh98.com for info and tickets.
Heather
hokiehut.blogspot.com